Plate + Assess Balance SW – BBT Balance, Posture, Fall Risk, Percentiles, Training
Recommended for: Chiropractors, Medical Doctors, Physical Therapists, Senior Living Wellness Administrators, Fitness Professionals
This unit comes with two testing and three training protocols:
The BTrackS Assess Balance System gives health professionals an all-in-one solution to assess and train balance by administering computerized protocols with gold-standard force plate technology. BTrackS is used for balance assessment, fall risk analysis, balance improvement programs, concussion management, Medicare wellness, chiropractic care, physical therapy, vision therapy and balance research. Protocols are easy to administer and results include comparisons to normative data where possible. Since being introduced in 2014, BTrackS has set a new standard for accurate, reliable and affordable balance testing and training. The Assess Balance System is lightweight and portable and does not require AC Power or Internet Connectivity to operate.
This system Includes the following:
BTrackS™ Balance Plate
Foam Pad for CTSIB
BTrackS™ Assess Balance Advanced Software with the following five protocols:
- Balance and Fall Risk Testing
- Weight Distribution Testing
- Left/Right Targets Training
- Front/Back Targets Training
- Random Targets Training
BTrackS Assess Balance Software provides protocols for balance assessment and protocols for balance training and rehabilitation.
The protocols for assessment include:
- Balance and Fall Risk Assessment – The BTrackS Balance Test (BBT) is a general balance assessment providing detailed postural sway analysis. After each test, the centimeters of postural sway are calculated and compared to over 20,000 norms to calculate percentile rankings. In addition, a fall risk assessment of Low, Moderate or High is provided with each test result.
- Weight Distribution – Accurately determine weight distribution percentages in the left/right and front/back directions as well as the location of body center of pressure as it relates to global postural alignment.
- CTSIB – The Clinical Test of Sensory Integration and Balance is used to assess how the main three sensory feedback systems for balance (i.e. proprioception, vision, vestibular) function relative to one another. Integrated normative data provides percentile rankings for each of the four trials.
- Limits of Stability – Measure the functional base of support using this biofeedback test. Patients stand with feet flat on the plate and lean as far as possible in all directions. The total area, and the area in each quadrant of the plate is calculated in real time.
- Cervical Challenge Test – Measure postural sway with the patient’s head in 11 different positions. The different positions expose specific vestibular configurations and performance on each trial can be interpreted and utilized by a trained neurologist.
- Fall Risk Assessment - BTrackS Fall Risk Assessment (FRA) categorizes an individual’s fall risk as either Low, Moderate or High. While this assessment is calculated for each individual – it is recommended that it only be applied for adults aged 60 and above. A Fall Risk Assessment of LOW is provided when the BBT is lower than 1 standard devi-ation above the average. These BBT’s are represented in GREEN in the tables. A Fall Risk Assessment of MODERATE is provided when the BBT is between 1 and 2 standard deviations above the average. These BBT’s are represented in YELLOW in the tables. A Fall Risk Assessment of HIGH is provided when the BBT is greater than 2 standard deviations above the average and is colored RED in the tables. These assessments are in line with population statistics documenting about 25% of individuals aged 65 have high fall risk and about 50% of individuals aged 80 and above have high fall risk.
- Balance Training and Rehabilitation - BTrackS Assess Balance comes with multiple training protocols that allow focused training of postural control. This includes Left/Right, Front/Back, Diagonal and Random Target acquisition protocols, as well as a Target Tracking protocol. BTrackS Balance Training helps individuals learn to control postural sway using biofeedback. During training, the real-time location of a person’s center of pressure is represented on an image of the BTrackS Balance Plate. The individual must move their center of pressure into targets of varying difficulty. Each of the five training programs run for default of three minutes but can be longer or shorter as desired. Left/Right and Front/Back deliver uniaxial targets in various sizes and locations. Diagonal delivers biaxial targets in various sizes and locations. Random delivers multiaxial targets that appear randomly in various sizes while target tracking delivers a circular target that is moving around the screen and center of pressure should reside inside the circle as much as possible.
- Reporting and Tracking - Assess Balance Software creates a detailed report for each test and training session. These reports are easy to save, export or print.
Assess Balance Software operates in Microsoft Windows BTrackS is an FDA Class 1 Medical Device #301066848